The Getting to Know Me and Then You program provides tools needed for maturing youth to make informed decisions as they explore and come to understand many of the issues related to relationship choices.
This program is currently offered as a 6 or 12 week program to students in 7th through 9th grade in metro Detroit schools, youth facilities, organizations and churches.
Where have we hosted this workshop?
- Osborn High School
- Murray Wight High School
- Ravendale Community Center
- Idlewild, MI (Women Helping to Preserve the History of Idlewild)
- Delta Sigma Theta Youth Rally
- Children’s Home of Detroit
- High Praise Dance Academy
- Greater Shiloh Summer Youth Program
- Pure Word Church
- Word in Action Church
Through this workshop youth will:
- Gain understanding behind the motives of persons showing interest beyond friendship
- Identify the levels of friendship
- Enhance skills in establishing boundaries for relationships
- Increase confidence in avoiding behavior that leads to compromising situations
Youth will learn the importance of:
- Goal setting & personal accountability
- Avoiding toxic relationships
- Forming good and positive relationships